Parent Advisory Councils are the formal "voices" of parents and they provide input to schools in British Columbia. All parents/guardians of children attending public school are members of these important councils (even if you don't attend the meetings). Attendance at monthly meetings is voluntary, but, strongly encouraged!
An executive group organizes the P.A.C. meetings. Other parents are needed to help with PAC projects and other school activities. It is our hope that MANY parents will get involved by attending meetings and supporting the P.A.C. at South Rutland.
The SRE PAC executive for 2016/2017 is committed to working hard during the school year:
- President- Cherylee Morrison
- Vice President- Toni Koryakuss
- Secretary- Lisa Oliver
- Treasurer- Andrea Blanchard
- COPAC Representative- Cherylee Morrison
- PAC Committees:
- Fundraising- Shasta Scott & her team of helpers
- PAC Lunch- Elya Martinson (needs lost of helpers--call SRE if you can help on Fridays, or sometimes on Thursdays)
- BC Fruit & Vegetable Nutrition Program- Julie Nauman
CURRENT PAC INITIATIVES
Loonie Days- Popcorn is sold at lunch break on most Wednesdays for $1 per bag
PAC Lunches- usually on the last day of each school week (the lunch team is always looking for helpers to lend a hand--contact her if you can volunteer. Send an email-->Elya Martinson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PAC Basket Raffle- This popular fundraiser will return in the Spring. The baskets will be available to view and tickets for sale at the school Office. Such a sweet deal!
CONSTITUTION & BYLAWS
Amendments to the 2001 Constitution and Bylaws happen from time to time. Thanks to those who provided input to the PAC!
SRE PAC Constitution and Bylaws 2014.pdf