We appreciate your willingness to share your time and talents with our students. The support you give will have a direct and positive influence on the quality of education for our students.
Our school volunteers include parents/guardians, business people, high school/university students and seniors.
Volunteering opportunities at South Rutland Elementary include:
- Reading "Tutor";
- Classroom helper (in class, field trips);
- PAC Lunch Team (prepare/serve lunch on most Mondays);
- Breakfast Club (daily @ 8 am);
- BC Fruit & Vegetable Nutritional Program (every other week throughout the school year);
- Special Events (Library Book Fair, Play Day, Grade 5 "Rocket Launch", PAC fundraising and other activities, etc).
Please contact the school office or speak to your child's teacher to learn about the many opportunities to volunteer around our school.
All volunteers are asked to sign a "Volunteer Code of Conduct" (indicating you have read and agreed to follow this Code of Conduct). You must also complete forms for a Criminal Record Review. These documents are available from the school office.
Thanks in advance for offering to help out!